Monday, July 15, 2013

Hallo Leute!

Hello World! This is my new blog. It's not my first one, I already have an ongoing translation project you can see here, but I'm afraid you will not enjoy it unless you can read Italian. ;)

So, why another blog? Well, this one is personal. L'Edicola Internazionale serves a professional purpose, I am using it as a portfolio to display my skills.

Here, on the other hand, I will try to talk a little about myself and my new life. New life?

"Get yourself a bike", they said.
"Right on!", I replied.
Quick facts to kick off with this first post: I am an Italian migrant to Berlin. I've been since a month and a half. I am not the first, and I will certainly not be the last.

I had never lived abroad before. I had never even dared to think I could emigrate alone before. I'm still not sure what to thank for this sudden burst of courage, but here I am, feeling like a lioness, giving it my all, working hard to achieve results.

So far I've got a cheap, nice WG, a German course and some new friends. A couple job interiews that did not result in me getting a job, but that certainly boosted my confidence. I hadn't had a job interview in Italy for ages, and I had my first one here at my second week, as I still had to finish unpacking my luggage. Big ego boost.

Hermannplatz is actually close to home!
I also got my Steuernummer, the registration number with the tax office. I filed my request as a freelance translator and I am looking for clients and contractors.

I'm not sure yet wether I will keep this blog monolingual or if I will switch between English and Italian (and German hopefully soon!). I will just go with my internal flow and see how this all shapes up. :)

Goodnight for now, internet. Have I ever told you that ich liebe dich?

No comments:

Post a Comment